very tasty - great compliment to the salad and hard to resist for snacking.
Candied Pumpkin Seeds
Health food stores, Hispanic markets, and specialty grocery stores carry pumpkin seeds. Toast in a skillet until puffed, but watch them closely and don't brown or they will taste burnt.
This recipe goes with Lanny's Salad With Candied Pumpkin Seeds
More From Southern Living
Bake: 6 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1. Cook pumpkin seeds in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until puffed. (Do not brown.) Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 2. Combine granulated sugar and next 3 ingredients.
- 3. Toss pumpkin seeds with orange juice. Stir in sugar mixture, tossing to coat. Spread in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes, stirring once. Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
- *2 cups pecan halves may be substituted. Cook as directed in Step 1 until lightly toasted. (Pecans will not puff.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This