Candied Ginger Pound Cake Truffles
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
If you like spicy sweets, Candied Ginger Pound Cake Truffles are for you. Chopped crystallized ginger make up part of these cake balls as well as the garnish.
Yield: Makes about 3 dozen
- 1/2 Million Dollar Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 2 (4-oz.) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 1 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- Finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Crumble half of Million Dollar Pound Cake into a large bowl; stir in Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger, and amaretto liqueur until mixture holds its shape. Shape into 1-inch balls, and place on wax paper. Pour water to depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer. Place bittersweet chocolate and semisweet chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until melted. Remove from heat. Dip truffles in melted chocolate; place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle immediately with finely chopped crystallized ginger.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note