1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Reserve 1/3 cup of the candies for decorating. Coarsely chop remaining candies; set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; mix well.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer 1 minute or until creamy.
4. Add egg and vanilla; beat 1 minute.
5. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed 30 seconds or just until flour is incorporated. Stir in chopped candies.
6. Drop dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with some of the reserved candies.
7. Bake 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown.
8. Remove from oven: cool 2-3 minutes on cookies sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack: cool completely.
Go to full version of