Candied Carrots In Orange Rings
- 1 orange
- 12 baby carrots, cleaned
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash of salt
- Slice orange into four 1/2-inchthick slices.
- Make a small slit in the center of each orange slice, and insert 3 carrots through each.
- Place carrot rings in a small saucepan; add water. Cover and cook until carrots are crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in sugar, salt, and reserved liquid. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves. Spoon glaze over carrots and orange slices to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables