Candied Butternut Squash
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 1/2 pound(s) butternut squash cubed
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- brown sugar optional
- ground cloves optional
- orange peel curls optional
- Scrub squash; halve lengthwise and remove seeds. Place halves, cut side up, in a large roasting pan. In a mixing bowl combine brown sugar, molasses, margarine or butter, orange peel, cinnamon, and cloves. Spoon mixture into squash halves. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 40 minutes.
- Stir brown sugar mixture; uncover and bake 15 minutes more or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar and ground cloves, and garnish with orange peel curls, if desired. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Holleyscorner and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note