Candied Butternut Squash
Any winter squash can be used with this recipe, but you'll love the satiny texture of butternut squash.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 1/2 pound(s) butternut squash cubed
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- brown sugar optional
- ground cloves optional
- orange peel curls optional
- Scrub squash; halve lengthwise and remove seeds. Place halves, cut side up, in a large roasting pan. In a mixing bowl combine brown sugar, molasses, margarine or butter, orange peel, cinnamon, and cloves. Spoon mixture into squash halves. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 40 minutes.
- Stir brown sugar mixture; uncover and bake 15 minutes more or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar and ground cloves, and garnish with orange peel curls, if desired. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Holleyscorner and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note