Candied Bacon Slices
Can be served as appetizer or snack or end of meal From USA Weekend July 2013 Bacon Nation Cookbook
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 7-8 slice(s) bacon (sugg.applewood smoked)
- 2 tablespoon(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) yellow curry powder/to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1-2 dash(es) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash(es) cayenne pepper (optional)
- Position a rack in center of oven and preheat oven 400
- Line large broiler pan with foil, shiny side down. Place rack of broiler pan on top of pan. Arrange slices of bacon in single layer on rack.
- Mix brown sugar, curry powder, cinnamon in small bowl. Add black pepper and cayenne pepper if using to taste.
- Sprinkle brown sugar spice mixture liberally and evenly over each slice of bacon.
- Bake bacon until crisp and glazed, 10-14 min. Depends on thickness of bacon slices. After about 6 min rotate the broiler pan 180 degrees so the back of the pan faces the front of the oven.
- let bacon cool on broiler rack for 2 min before transferring to paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amateurcook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Candied Bacon Slices Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers