This recipe is great for any number of people because it's easily divisible or multipliable. I made 1/3 of the recipe for my husband and me using leftover puttanesca sauce instead of pizza sauce. I used whole wheat English muffins. It was a super fast, super easy meal to put on the table along with a side dish of corn. And, it tasted good.
Canadian Bacon and Pineapple Mini Pizzas
With preshredded cheese, pineapple tidbits, and prepared pizza sauce, the only thing adults need to be responsible for is chopping the bacon. For a pepperoni pizza variation that requires no chopping, use eight ounces pepperoni in place of the Canadian bacon and pineapple.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 273
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Carbohydrate: 34.9g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 867mg
- Calcium: 289mg
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1 (14-ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) package Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spread each muffin half with about 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle pineapple and Canadian bacon evenly over the sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note