canada's best carrot cake
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) carrots
- Ingredients 2cups cups(500 mL) ( all-purpose flour
- 2tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon (10 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup drained crushed canned pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 8 oz (250g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Grease and flour 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In separate bowl, beat together granulated and brown sugars, eggs, oil and vanilla until smooth; pour over flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in carrots, pineapple and pecans. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack. (Make-ahead: Cover with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or ovenwrap with heavy duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks; let thaw before continuing.)
- Icing: In bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Beat in icing sugar, one-third at a time, until smooth. Spread over top of cake. (Make-ahead: Cover loosely and refrigerate for up to I day.)
- Like Canadian Living on Facebook!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by HORNER1247 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
canada's best carrot cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts