Campfire Chicken under a Brick with Lemons /M.S. Living
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 whole(s) lemons, cut into wedges
- red pepper flakes, coarse salt and pepper
- Remove backbone from chicken using kitchen shears. Place chicken, breast side up, on a cutting board, with legs extended on both sides. Press firmly on breastbone to break it and flatten chicken. Rub all over with 2 tablespoons oil, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a cast-iron skillet set over a campfire or on a medium grill. Place chicken in skillet, breast side down, and place a clean brick or heavy skillet directly on top, pressing to flatten chicken. Grill until skin is golden and crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Remove brick, and flip chicken. Cover with foil, and grill for 20 minutes more. Flip chicken, and grill until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh reaches 165 degrees, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, grill lemon wedges directly on grates, flipping, until caramelized, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a platter. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with red-pepper flakes. Serve with lemons
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Campfire Chicken under a Brick with Lemons /M.S. Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes