Campbell's® Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) chicken
- 1 cup(s) broccoli
- Campbell's® Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
- Linguine is mixed with pieces of tender chicken and broccoli flowerets and coated with a rich, satiny Alfredo sauce featuring Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, milk, Parmesan cheese and black pepper to make a quick and fabulous dish.
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 of a 16 ounce package linguine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free, 25% Less Sodium or Healthy Request®)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the linguine according to the package directions in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the broccoli during the last 4 minutes of the cooking time. Drain the linguine and broccoli well in a colander.
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often.
- Stir the soup, milk, cheese, black pepper and linguine mixture into the skillet. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo: Substitute grilled chicken breasts for the skinless, boneless chicken.
- Shrimp & Broccoli Alfredo: Substitute 1 pound fresh extra large shrimp, shelled and deveined for the chicken. Cook as directed in Step 2 until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Spanish-Inspired Tip: Reduce the chicken to 1/2 pound and omit the Parmesan cheese. Prepare as directed above. Stir 1/2 pound peeled cooked shrimp, 1/4 pound chorizo or ham, diced and 1 teaspoon paprika into the skillet in Step 3.
- Indian-Inspired Tip: Omit the Parmesan cheese. Substitute 1 cup uncooked basmati rice for the linguine. Prepare as directed above. Stir 1 teaspoon curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin into the skillet in Step 3. Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds, if desired.
- Asian-Inspired Tip: Omit the Parmesan cheese. Substitute 1 package (6 ounces) rice noodles for the linguine. Prepare as directed above. Stir 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 cloves garlic, minced and 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root in to the skillet with the chicken in Step 2.
- Campbell's Kitchen
- DECEMBER 2008
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ArvidaWanner and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note