- 1 dozen eggs
- whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cheeses (optional)
- 1/2 cup ham (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers (optional)
- 1/2 cup spinach (optional)
- AT HOME:
- 1. To make breakfast for four, pack 1 dozen eggs, whipping cream, salt, and pepper.
- 2. Prepare 1/2 cup additions per serving, such as cheeses, ham, roasted garlic, roasted red bell peppers, spinach, or smoked salmon.
- 3. Pack a sturdy zip-lock freezer bag (1 qt.) for each serving; tongs; a large spoon; and a big pan.
- IN CAMP:
- 1. Bring about 4 quarts water to a boil in the pan.
- 2. Crack 2 to 3 large eggs into each bag. Add 2 tablespoons whipping cream and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Squeeze bag to blend. Drop in additions to taste and seal bag, expelling as much air as you can.
- 3. Lower bags into boiling water, cooking up to three at once. Using tongs and a large spoon, gently turn and squeeze bags until eggs are firm throughout, 5 to 7 minutes total. Do not let the bags touch the sides of the pot. With tongs, lift bags from water.
- 4. When cool enough to handle, open bags and pour eggs onto plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch