1. To make breakfast for four, pack 1 dozen eggs, whipping cream, salt, and pepper.
2. Prepare 1/2 cup additions per serving, such as cheeses, ham, roasted garlic, roasted red bell peppers, spinach, or smoked salmon.
3. Pack a sturdy zip-lock freezer bag (1 qt.) for each serving; tongs; a large spoon; and a big pan.
1. Bring about 4 quarts water to a boil in the pan.
2. Crack 2 to 3 large eggs into each bag. Add 2 tablespoons whipping cream and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Squeeze bag to blend. Drop in additions to taste and seal bag, expelling as much air as you can.
3. Lower bags into boiling water, cooking up to three at once. Using tongs and a large spoon, gently turn and squeeze bags until eggs are firm throughout, 5 to 7 minutes total. Do not let the bags touch the sides of the pot. With tongs, lift bags from water.
4. When cool enough to handle, open bags and pour eggs onto plates.