I added a bit of butter to make it creamier. Made it for Xmas dinner with my family and they loved it. The camembert is subtle but adds a unique flavor.
Camembert Mashed Potatoes
The buttery taste and creamy texture of Camembert cheese glorifies these potatoes. Camembert is similar in flavor and texture to Brie, which makes a fine substitute. The rind is easiest to remove if the cheese is well chilled.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 30.7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- 1 1/2 (8-ounce) rounds Camembert cheese
- 11 cups cubed peeled Yukon gold potato (about 4 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Cut cheese into 6 wedges. Carefully remove rind from cheese; discard rind. Chop cheese; let stand at room temperature while potato cooks.
- Place potato in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander; return potato to pan. Add cheese, milk, salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Garnish with chives and additional pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note