I make this recipe at least every other week. It is fast and easy and does not lack in flavor. I set up a buffet like arrangement and let everyone make their own. This allows for everyone to specialize their own rolls. Definitely recommend making this recipe.
Cambodian Summer Rolls
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 131
- Calories from fat: 6%
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.1g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 379mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 6 cups water
- 36 unpeeled medium shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles
- 12 (8-inch) round sheets rice paper
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 cups shredded red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- Dipping sauce:
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- To prepare rolls, bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Peel shrimp; chill.
- Place noodles in a large bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 8 minutes; drain.
- Add cold water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in water. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft. Place rice paper sheet on a flat surface.
- Spread 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce in the center of sheet; top with 3 shrimp, 1/4 cup lettuce, about 2 1/2 tablespoons noodles, 1 teaspoon basil, and 1 teaspoon mint. Fold sides of sheet over filling, roll up jelly-roll fashion, and gently press seam to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter; cover to keep from drying. Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper, hoisin sauce, shrimp, shredded lettuce, noodles, basil, and mint.
- To prepare dipping sauce, combine soy sauce and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers