Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 package(s) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) hot water
- 1/4 cup(s) oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese
- any fillings you want (pepperoni, olives, etc.)
- 1 jar(s) pizza sauce
- -In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add hot water and olive oil. Beat at low speed of electric mixer 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- -Add 1/2 cup flour; beat at high speed 2 minutes. With spoon, stir in enough additional flour to make soft dough.
- -On lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover dough; let rest 20 minutes.
- -Meanwhile combine ingredients for filling; reserve.
- -Punch dough down. Divide into 10 equal pieces. Roll each piece to 6-inch circle.
- -Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce onto the dough. Place 1/3 cup filling on one half of each circle. Fold dough over filling; pinch seam or press with tines of fork to seal.
- -Place on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- -Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until done. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tjcavallucci and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Calzone Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza