To make the salsa mixture ahead, just cover and chill up to 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes, while steaks marinate in lime juice mixture.
Southern Living AUGUST 2007
1. Place strip steaks in a shallow dish, and add 1 tsp. grated lime rind and 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice, turning to coat.
2. Stir together pineapple, next 5 ingredients, remaining 1/2 tsp. grated lime rind, and remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice until blended.
3. Remove steaks from lime juice mixture, discarding juice. Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1 tsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning.
4. Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let steaks stand 10 minutes, and cut into thin strips.
5. Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter, and top with sliced steak and salsa mixture. Garnish, if desired.
*1/2 cup salsa may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Desert Pepper Trading Company Peach Mango Salsa.
Go to full version of