Calypso Steak Salad
More From Southern Living
Grill: 10 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds beef strip steaks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup peach-mango salsa*
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Place strip steaks in a shallow dish, and add 1 tsp. grated lime rind and 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice, turning to coat.
- 2. Stir together pineapple, next 5 ingredients, remaining 1/2 tsp. grated lime rind, and remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice until blended.
- 3. Remove steaks from lime juice mixture, discarding juice. Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1 tsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- 4. Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let steaks stand 10 minutes, and cut into thin strips.
- 5. Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter, and top with sliced steak and salsa mixture. Garnish, if desired.
- *1/2 cup salsa may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Desert Pepper Trading Company Peach Mango Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes