Calypso Steak Salad
To make the salsa mixture ahead, just cover and chill up to 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes, while steaks marinate in lime juice mixture.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 10 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds beef strip steaks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup peach-mango salsa*
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Place strip steaks in a shallow dish, and add 1 tsp. grated lime rind and 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice, turning to coat.
- 2. Stir together pineapple, next 5 ingredients, remaining 1/2 tsp. grated lime rind, and remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice until blended.
- 3. Remove steaks from lime juice mixture, discarding juice. Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1 tsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- 4. Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let steaks stand 10 minutes, and cut into thin strips.
- 5. Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter, and top with sliced steak and salsa mixture. Garnish, if desired.
- *1/2 cup salsa may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Desert Pepper Trading Company Peach Mango Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note