We enjoyed this recipe & will make again. I hesitated to add six jalapenos, but found that the four that I used weren't spicy enough.
This is a sweet, spicy and very colorful island-like tasty treat. It'll make your taste buds dance. I created this recipe when I was running really low on groceries and had to throw something together for dinner. It has evolved a bit since, but it still retains the same basic concept.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 lb. Kielbasea or smoked sausage sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 fresh serrano or jalapeno peppers, sliced (can substitute about a half of a medium sized green bell pepper - slice about one inch long and 1/4 inch thick)
- Half of a medium sized yellow bell pepper - slice about one inch long and 1/4 inch thick
- Half of a medium sized red bell pepper - slice about one inch long and 1/4 inch thick
- 1 15 ounce can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks - half of the juice reserved
- 1/4-1/3 cup brown sugar (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 lb egg noodles
- Heat olive oil and add red pepper flakes in a large skillet. Brown kielbasa on both sides in olive oil and pepper flakes for 5-7 minutes.
- Add peppers and onion to skillet. Cook until peppers start to soften. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Add reserved pineapple juice and brown sugar to skillet. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add black beans. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks. Simmer until you have desired sauce amount and thickness. This should take about 20 minutes.
- While kielbasa mixture is simmering, boil egg noodles, according to package directions, and drain.
- Serve kielbasa mixture over egg noodles.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LadyDelilah and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note