Nice Fall flavors and easy to make (made a quick weeknight dinner). A little more "sauce" would be nice, though. Maybe double the Calvados.
Calvados Pan-Fried Pork Chops
Photo: Yunhee Kim; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 382
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 374mg
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (1-in. thick; about 2 lbs. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Several small whole fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Calvados (apple brandy)
- 1 cup baby chanterelle mushrooms
- 1. Season chops all over with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with thyme and sage.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add chops and cook 5 minutes, or until nicely browned underneath. Turn chops over and pour in Calvados; cook until liquid evaporates, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, cover pan, and cook 6 minutes, or until chops are barely pink in the center (cut to test).
- 3. Transfer chops to a warm plate, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
- 4. Add mushrooms to pan and cook in pork juices 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note