Calvados Pan-Fried Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (1-in. thick; about 2 lbs. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Several small whole fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Calvados (apple brandy)
- 1 cup baby chanterelle mushrooms
- calories 382
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- protein 35 g
- fat 26 g
- satfat 6.5 g
- carbohydrate 1.5 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- sodium 374 mg
- cholesterol 116 mg
How to Make It
Season chops all over with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with thyme and sage.
Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add chops and cook 5 minutes, or until nicely browned underneath. Turn chops over and pour in Calvados; cook until liquid evaporates, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, cover pan, and cook 6 minutes, or until chops are barely pink in the center (cut to test).
Transfer chops to a warm plate, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms to pan and cook in pork juices 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.