Callaghan Vineyards Chili-Cheese Chicken
Cut any extra canned chilies into thin strips to drape over cooked chicken. Karen Callaghan shares this recipe.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 448
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 48g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 791mg
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- 6 tablespoons green jalapeño jelly
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lb. total), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 can (7 oz.) whole green chilies
- 5 ounces sliced jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 9- by 13-inch pan, combine jelly, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Put in a 375° oven and occasionally whisk until jelly is melted and sauce blended, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Turn chicken over in jelly sauce in pan, arranging pieces side by side.
- 3. Bake in a 375° oven for 15 minutes.
- 4. Pull 4 chilies open on 1 side and lay flat. Put 1 chili over each chicken piece. Reserve extra chilies for other uses. Lay cheese on chili and chicken, covering evenly; baste with jelly sauce.
- 5. Continue to bake chicken until it is no longer pink in thickest part (cut to test), 5 to 10 minutes more.
- 6. Put chicken on plates and spoon sauce around portions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes