Callaghan Vineyards Chili-Cheese Chicken
Cut any extra canned chilies into thin strips to drape over cooked chicken. Karen Callaghan shares this recipe.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 448
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 48g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 791mg
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- 6 tablespoons green jalapeño jelly
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lb. total), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 can (7 oz.) whole green chilies
- 5 ounces sliced jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 9- by 13-inch pan, combine jelly, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Put in a 375° oven and occasionally whisk until jelly is melted and sauce blended, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Turn chicken over in jelly sauce in pan, arranging pieces side by side.
- 3. Bake in a 375° oven for 15 minutes.
- 4. Pull 4 chilies open on 1 side and lay flat. Put 1 chili over each chicken piece. Reserve extra chilies for other uses. Lay cheese on chili and chicken, covering evenly; baste with jelly sauce.
- 5. Continue to bake chicken until it is no longer pink in thickest part (cut to test), 5 to 10 minutes more.
- 6. Put chicken on plates and spoon sauce around portions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note