- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 bunch (14 oz.) kale or spinach, trimmed
- 1 bell pepper (any color), seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Sriracha chili sauce or shichimi togarashi* (Japanese red chile seasoning)
- calories 531
- caloriesfromfat 53 %
- protein 19 g
- fat 31 g
- satfat 6.4 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 6.1 g
- sodium 783 mg
- cholesterol 396 mg
How to Make It
Put rice and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook rice until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat grapeseed oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Cook kale, bell pepper, and garlic with salt over medium heat until kale is wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Divide rice among 4 bowls and top with vegetable mixture and avocado.
Fry eggs in the same pan until done the way you like. Slide each egg into a bowl. Mix sesame oil and soy sauce and drizzle over bowls. Drizzle with Sriracha or sprinkle with togarashi.
*Find at Asian markets or online.