- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 4 oranges (1/2 lb. each)
- 2 ruby or pink grapefruit (3/4 lb. each)
- 2 firm-ripe avocados (1 lb. total)
- Large butter, green-, or red-leaf lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1 firm-ripe papaya (1 lb.), peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 2 cups red or black grapes, rinsed
- Poppy seed dressing
- Salt and pepper
- calories 245
- caloriesfromfat 66 %
- protein 2.4 g
- fat 18 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- sodium 117 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir or shake nuts until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour from pan and let cool.
Cut peel and white membrane from oranges and grapefruit. Over a bowl, cut between membranes to release fruit segments; put in bowl.
Peel, pit, and slice the avocados; coat slices with some of the citrus juice from the bowl.
Line a large platter with lettuce leaves. Arrange oranges, grapefruit, avocados, papaya, and grapes on leaves. Sprinkle with nuts. Moisten with a little of the poppy seed dressing, then spoon portions of salad onto plates and add more dressing and salt and pepper to taste.