California Couscous Salad
Inspired by her favorite tabbouleh recipe, Susan Calderon substituted couscous for the usual bulgur wheat and came up with this light, crunchy salad. Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 349
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 8.9g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 3/4 cups (14 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) couscous
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cilantro sprigs and lemon slices (optional)
- 1. In a small pot over high heat, bring chicken broth and 1/4 cup water to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over couscous and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Stir in red pepper, red onion, almonds, and chopped cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon slices if you like. Serve at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads