Have made this salad several times and everyone has loved it. Super easy to make - made it for a potluck when camping!
California Couscous Salad
Inspired by her favorite tabbouleh recipe, Susan Calderon substituted couscous for the usual bulgur wheat and came up with this light, crunchy salad.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 349
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 8.9g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 3/4 cups (14 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) couscous
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cilantro sprigs and lemon slices (optional)
- 1. In a small pot over high heat, bring chicken broth and 1/4 cup water to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over couscous and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Stir in red pepper, red onion, almonds, and chopped cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon slices if you like. Serve at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads