- 1 3/4 cups (14 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) couscous
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cilantro sprigs and lemon slices (optional)
- calories 349
- caloriesfromfat 41 %
- protein 8.9 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 2 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- sodium 151 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a small pot over high heat, bring chicken broth and 1/4 cup water to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over couscous and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in red pepper, red onion, almonds, and chopped cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon slices if you like. Serve at room temperature.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.