California Caviar Tasting
There's nothing quite as indulgent as ordering caviar service in a restaurant with a good bottle of bubbly. But it's just as easy to serve it to your guests--at a fraction of the cost.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 45
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 77mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 1 jar (1 oz.) of California caviar*
- 1/4 cup creme fraîche
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon shredded lemon zest
- 12 melba toasts or sliced and toasted baguette
- Set caviar jar in a small bowl of ice on a plate. In smaller, individual dishes, put creme fraîche, shallots, chives, and lemon zest. Serve with melba toast or toasted baguette slices.
- *Order sustainable California caviar from Tsar Nicoulai Caviar (tsarnicoulai.com).
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note