- 12 calf fries (3 pounds) with sac
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Place calf fries with sacs on a baking sheet, and freeze.
- Slit each sac; pull away from calf fries, and discard. Slice calf fries into thick strips.
- Combine milk and egg in a medium mixing bowl, beating well. Add calf fries, and soak 1 hour. Drain, discarding milk mixture.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper; dredge in flour mixture, and fry in deep, hot oil (375°) until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note