6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth 1/2 cup water 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed 2 teaspoons canola oil 1 medium onion, chopped 1 poblano or Anaheim chile pepper, chopped 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, (see Shopping Tip) 1 cup instant brown rice 4 radishes, sliced 1 small avocado, chopped 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 lime, quartered
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 head(s) garlic cloves separated and peeled
- 8 ounce(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 poblano or Anaheim chile pepper, chopped
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup(s) instant brown rice
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1.Bring broth, water, garlic and chicken to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, skimming any foam that rises to the top, until the garlic is tender and the chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Transfer the garlic with a slotted spoon to a blender and the chicken to a clean cutting board.
- 2.Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and poblano (or Anaheim) chile and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add to the broth.
- 3.Add 1/2 cup of the broth and chipotle pepper to the blender and process until smooth (use caution when pureeing hot liquids). Pour the mixture back into the broth in the pan. Stir in rice. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4.Shred the chicken and divide among 4 bowls. Ladle the broth over the chicken and top with equal portions of radish, avocado and cilantro. Serve with a wedge of lime.
- from eatiing well
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caldo Tlalpeño Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews