Caldo De Res (Beef Soup)
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) beef shank
- 1 tomato quartered
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1/2 med head of cabbage chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 6 teaspoon(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 ounce(s) fresh lime juice
- In a large pot over low heat, comgine the beef, tomato, potatoes, onion, carrots, cabbage, garlic, 5 teaspoons cilantro, salt and cumin.
- Add enough water to cover and stir well.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours.
- Remove lid, stir, simmer for another hour with lid off.
- Serve hot. Just before eating, squeeze the fresh lime juice to taste and sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MBHartung and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caldo De Res (Beef Soup) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes