- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vegetable oil
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Mash rice grains, and cool to lukewarm. Dissolve yeast in warm water, and stir into rice. Cover, and let rise overnight in a warm place (85°), free from drafts.
- Add eggs, flour, sugar, salt, and nutmeg to rice mixture, beating until smooth. Cover, and let stand in a warm place (85°) for 30 minutes.
- Heat 3 inches of oil to 360°; drop dough by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Cook about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note