- 1 pound fresh or frozen squid, thawed and drained
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted baguette slices
- Cut squid tubes into rings. Blanch in boiling water to cover 30 seconds or until opaque. (Water doesn't have to return to a rolling boil.) Don't overcook or squid will become tough. Plunge in ice water to chill. Drain.
- Combine squid, mangoes, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, and olive oil. Stir in cilantro and next 3 ingredients. Fold in squid mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Top baguette slices with salad, using a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads