Photo: Ray Kachatorian; Styling: Heather Chadduck
- 1/2 poblano chile pepper, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound fresh calamari tubes, rinsed
- Tomato Sauce
- Process first 11 ingredients in a food processor or blender 1 minute or until smooth.
- Blanch calamari 1 minute in 8 cups of lightly salted boiling water. Plunge calamari into ice water to stop cooking process. Drain and combine with pepper mixture in a medium bowl.
- Serve warm or chilled in 6 glasses, and top with Tomato Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This