Yield: Makes about 5 cups
- 1 (2.5-pound) package frozen, cleaned calamari (tubes and tentacles), thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 green olives with pimientos, sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- Cut calamari tubes into 1/4-inch-thick rings. Cut tentacles in half, if large. Fill a 2-quart saucepan with water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add calamari and lemon juice to boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine vinegar and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; add calamari, and toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note