Calabrese Mustard Greens
More From Food & Wine
Total: 50 Minutes
- 6 pounds mustard greens , or chicory, stems discarded
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add half of the greens and cook, stirring a few times, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the greens to a colander and rinse with cold water. Repeat with the remaining greens. Drain very well. Coarsely chop the greens.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the greens and stir well. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are heated through, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the greens to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature. Stir in the vinegar and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This