Cake de Ron (Rum Cake)
Howard L. Puckett
Dark rum and banana liqueur add a mellow tropical flavor to this Bundt cake recipe. If you don’t have mini cake pans, you can bake this one in a regular 12-cup Bundt pan.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Rum Syrup
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla and next 3 ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with whipping cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Pour batter into a well-greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan. Poke holes in cake with a wooden skewer, and brush Rum Syrup over cake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Note: For miniature Bundt cakes as pictured, fill each mini Bundt pan two-thirds full, and bake 35 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings