Cajun Vegetables and Shrimp
This recipe goes with Corn Waffles With Cajun Vegetables and Shrimp
Yield: Makes 4 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 cup diced Cajun sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peeled raw shrimp, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook Canadian bacon and sausage in skillet 6 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove bacon and sausage from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet.
- 2. Sauté bell peppers and celery in pan drippings over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in diced tomatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Add bacon, sausage, shrimp, and Creole seasoning to skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve warm over waffles.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables