Cajun Turkey pockets
Community Recipe from
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 can(s) stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) celery seeds
- 1 1/2 pound(s) cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 4 cup(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 package(s) yeast, fast rising
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 egg beaten
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute garlic in 1T butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, 2T flour, hot pepper sauce, and celery seed. Simmer 5-7 minutes. Stir in turkey or chicken. Remove from heat.
- Set aside 1 cup flour.. In large bowl, miix remaining flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. In a microwave safe bowl, heat water, milk, and remaining butter to 125-130 degrees. Stir into flour mixture. Mix enough reserved flour to make a soft dough. Knead 4 minutes with dough hook attachment or on a floured surface.
- Roll dough to 18X12 rectangle, cut into 6 portions. Place turkey mixture in center, fold over corners, and seal. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover with towel. Place baking sheet on top of shallow pan with heated water for 15 minutes.
- Brush pockets with egg. Bake in preheated over at 375 for 25 minutes or until done. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CJcookbook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note