This is outstanding! I double the batch and save it for another occasion. It's fabulous with grilled meat or fish.
Cajun-Style French Bread
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 (14-oz.) French bread loaf
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1. Cut bread loaf in half lengthwise. Brush melted butter evenly onto cut sides of bread halves.
- 2. Stir together onion, jalapeño pepper, and next 5 ingredients, and spread mixture evenly over buttered sides of bread halves. Place bread halves, buttered sides up, on a baking sheet, and sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 tsp. Creole seasoning.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes; cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices, and serve immediately.
- Note: To make ahead, wrap prepared unbaked bread halves in aluminum foil, place in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag, and freeze up to 1 month. To bake frozen, remove bread halves from freezer bag, and place foil-wrapped bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until thawed. Remove foil, return to baking sheet, buttered sides up, and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes, and cut bread halves as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This