We found this to be a bit bland for our tastes. If I made it again I'd add lots more spices. Subbed crab for crawfish because I couldn't get my hands on any of the latter...
Photo: José Picayo; Styling: Michele Faro
Substitute chopped cooked shrimp if crawfish are unavailable.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 2 potato halves)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 28 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 451
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 27.8g
- Carbohydrate: 46.8g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 182mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 546mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 6 medium Yukon gold or small baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen cooked crawfish meat, thawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Pierce potatoes with a fork; brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Bake at 450° for 50 minutes or until tender. Remove potatoes from oven; cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, and scoop pulp out of skins, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Place pulp in a large bowl; coarsely mash pulp.
- 3. Preheat broiler to high.
- 4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 5 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery to pan; sauté for 4 minutes. Add garlic and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper); sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add cheese, butter, and herbs, stirring until smooth.
- 5. Stir cheese mixture and crawfish into potato pulp. Place 1/2 cup crawfish mixture in each potato shell. Arrange stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note