- 6 medium Yukon gold or small baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen cooked crawfish meat, thawed
- calories 451
- fat 16.5 g
- satfat 7 g
- monofat 6.3 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 27.8 g
- carbohydrate 46.8 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- cholesterol 182 mg
- iron 3.2 mg
- sodium 546 mg
- calcium 124 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Pierce potatoes with a fork; brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Bake at 450° for 50 minutes or until tender. Remove potatoes from oven; cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, and scoop pulp out of skins, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Place pulp in a large bowl; coarsely mash pulp.
Preheat broiler to high.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 5 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery to pan; sauté for 4 minutes. Add garlic and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper); sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add cheese, butter, and herbs, stirring until smooth.
Stir cheese mixture and crawfish into potato pulp. Place 1/2 cup crawfish mixture in each potato shell. Arrange stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes or until browned.