Cajun-Spiced Catfish Kebabs
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
The creamy mayonnaise-horseradish sauce works wonderfully with the spicy catfish. Serve with rolls, lettuce, and tomato slices if you want to turn these kebabs into easy po'boys.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 kebabs and 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 33.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 645mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets, cut into 24 (1-inch) pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- 3 green bell peppers, each cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; add catfish, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, juice, capers, and horseradish in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare grill.
- Cook the corn in boiling water for 3 minutes, and drain.
- Thread 3 catfish pieces, 2 corn pieces, and 3 bell pepper pieces alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes