- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, salt-free
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen bell pepper stir-fry, thawed (such as Bird's Eye)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup canned Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- calories 354
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 5.4 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 37.4 g
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 259 mg
- iron 5.3 mg
- sodium 658 mg
- calcium 106 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While the rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with Cajun seasoning; toss to coat. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add the pepper stir-fry, green onions, and thyme; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in cooked rice, shrimp, tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
To thaw the vegetables quickly, place them in a colander, and rinse with hot water. Before sautéing, drain the thawed vegetables on paper towels.