Cajun Shrimp Guacamole:
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound(s) medium (or extra-large!) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Avocados
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper Chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) Yellow onion Chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- Melt half the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Add 1/2 Tbs. of the Cajun seasoning to the butter. Stir it all in. Let it bloom and fall in love. Add half the shrimp and sear on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear another minute or so. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and Cajun seasoning. Bloom for a second, then add the remaining shrimp. Sear her up, you know the drill. Set shrimp aside.
- Half each avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh into a big bowl. Add the red bells, scallion, onions, lemon zest and juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mash it all together with your fork, until it’s smooth, but still good and chunky. Taste it. BIGGIDY.
- Add salt and pepper and more lemon juice to your liking.
- Serve with the Cajun shrimp!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cajun Shrimp Guacamole: Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers