- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon low-salt blackening seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup light Alfredo sauce (such as Contadina)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 5 1/2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- calories 382
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 12 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- protein 30.4 g
- carbohydrate 35.7 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 139 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 511 mg
- calcium 110 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place the buttermilk and blackening seasoning in a large bowl, stirring to blend. Add catfish; toss gently to coat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add catfish mixture; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Place the catfish mixture in a 2 1/2-quart shallow casserole coated with cooking spray.
Melt the butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, mushrooms, and chopped parsley; sauté 3 minutes. Add shrimp; sauté 3 minutes. Spoon shrimp mixture over catfish. Combine Alfredo sauce and broth, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over the shrimp mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake shrimp mixture at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve shrimp mixture over rice. Garnish with the parsley sprigs, if desired.