Cajun-Seasoned Pan-Fried Chicken Breasts
More From Southern Living
- 4 (8-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning*
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon (optional)
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprig
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp. seasoning. Combine remaining seasoning, flour, and cornmeal. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done. Squeeze juice from lemon over chicken, and garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- *Creole seasoning may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note