Cajun Seasoned Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 strip(s) bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) celery chopped
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoon(s) cajan seasonings
- 14 1/2 can(s) diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 1/3 cup(s) long grain rice uncooked
- 1 1/3 cup(s) water
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Stir in bell pepper, onion, and celery. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp and tender. Spoon bacon and vegetables into slow cooker using slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp of Cajan seasoning; place in sale skillet. cook chicken over med-high heat 4-5 minutes, turning once, until brown on both sides. Arrange chicken and any remaining drippings in skillet over vegetables in slow cooker. Pour tomatoes over chicken. Stir in remaining 1 tsp of seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-9 hrs or until juices of chicken are no longer pink when center of thickest piece are cut.
- Cook rice in water as directed on package. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cloverhrt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note