Cajun Seasoned Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 3 strip(s) bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) celery chopped
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoon(s) cajan seasonings
- 14 1/2 can(s) diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 1/3 cup(s) long grain rice uncooked
- 1 1/3 cup(s) water
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Stir in bell pepper, onion, and celery. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp and tender. Spoon bacon and vegetables into slow cooker using slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp of Cajan seasoning; place in sale skillet. cook chicken over med-high heat 4-5 minutes, turning once, until brown on both sides. Arrange chicken and any remaining drippings in skillet over vegetables in slow cooker. Pour tomatoes over chicken. Stir in remaining 1 tsp of seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-9 hrs or until juices of chicken are no longer pink when center of thickest piece are cut.
- Cook rice in water as directed on package. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cloverhrt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes