Cajun Sautéed Shrimp
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1. Peel shrimp, and, if desired, devein.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and next 5 ingredients, and sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, and sauté 1 more minute.
- 3. Stir in shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- *2 lb. frozen peeled, large raw shrimp, thawed according to package directions, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes