Cajun Sautéed Shrimp
Serve shrimp over toasted garlic bread slices with a tossed green salad for a relaxed Cajun supper. If six servings are too many for your family, dish up leftover shrimp over plain grits.
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1. Peel shrimp, and, if desired, devein.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and next 5 ingredients, and sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, and sauté 1 more minute.
- 3. Stir in shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- *2 lb. frozen peeled, large raw shrimp, thawed according to package directions, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This