Cajun Green Bean Stir-fry
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup oven-roasted-flavored sliced almonds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- Bring beans and salted water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven. Boil 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Wipe Dutch oven clean with paper towels.
- Cook garlic in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium heat 1 minute; add beans, and sauté 2 minutes. Add almonds and 3/4 tsp. Cajun seasoning; sauté 1 minute.
- Place beans in a serving dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Sunkist Almond Accents Original Oven Roasted Flavored Sliced Almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables