Cajun Fried Rice
Beth Malloy keeps her freezer stocked with sausage and okra so that she can assemble this spicy rice dish whenever she has leftover cooked rice. Use a prepared Cajun spice blend or mix 3/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 462
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sodium: 1247mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces andouille or other cooked spicy sausage, diced (about 1/4 in.)
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 ounce frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 4 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice blend (see notes)
- 1. Pour oil into a 12-inch frying pan or a 14-inch wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add sausage and stir often until slightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and okra; stir often until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Gently mix in rice and Cajun spice blend; stir occasionally until the rice is hot and golden and the okra is tender, about 5 minutes. Pour into a serving bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note