Every single ingredient sounds PERFECT. This is a must make!
Cajun Corn Pups
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
- 1 (7.5-oz.) package corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup cold beer
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1-lb.) package andouille sausage
- Vegetable oil
- Creole mustard
- Whisk together corn muffin mix, cold beer, egg, Creole seasoning, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Cut sausage into 1-inch slices. Dip sausages in batter, coating well. Pour vegetable oil to depth of 1 inch into a Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 340°. Fry sausages, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan in a 200° oven. Serve with Creole mustard.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This